Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Vacation?











We took a short break for a day to remember our anniversary and celebrate Toby's birthday. (29 + a few)
It was hard to look away for a couple of days, and even though we gave ourselves permission to take a break for even longer the siren song of the farm called us back. (and no I did not choose the wrong metaphor, sometimes I feel like I am hurtling ever closer to the rocks)

Tonight we worked together as a family, and shared dinner on the farm as well. The kids are starting to get the hang of hanging; today they listened to a book on tape while picked berries. And after dinner much fun was had chasing chickens, watering the orchard, and generally goofing around.

The big news is that we ate our first fruit from the orchard today. I was desperate to show G & F that all our pruning, watering, and refusing to allow tree climbing had paid off, and finally I was validated. We ate three plums that were the most delicious things I think I ever could claim credit for. We did a dance and thanked everything and everyone for them. Yum!

No comments: