Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take a Breath

Last night as I walked the orchard inspecting the apples, resetting insect traps, and removing the imperfect fruits for cider, the Harvest Moon rose up over me.  It made me think of a high-pressured school-reform trip I took down to San Diego when my principal launched into this story about when he tried his hand at farming.  There were about six of us around the table while he regaled how he harvested his wheat with a hand scythe under the harvest moon, naked.  About half of the teachers around the table had to pick up their jaws from the floor, and the rest of us whispered under our breath..."Cool".  Well, I didn't strip down last night, but I did pause and give thanks to the warm light that bathed the farm while I did my final clean up for the night.  And I felt a pretty strong pull from that moon; my tide is in, and it is here.

http://www.ebridant.com/images/Harvest-Moon_xxx.jpg

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This was beautiful. I feel the pull too. Wow. You are very blessed, you guys. I am so happy for you.